List of Stores Closed On Thanksgiving Day 2018Jenna October 6, 2018 0 COMMENTS
- 1 Officially Declared Stores Closed On Thanksgiving Day 2018
- 2 The closing of stores on Thanksgiving: Good or Bad?
- 3 Stores opened on Thanksgiving 2018
- 4 Increase in Thanksgiving Online shopping
The Black Friday Sale 2018 – Discount Offers
Here we have encapsulated Best Black Friday Deals for our readers under various categories. You can buy anything with Free Shipping from below links. (*No Minimumm Purchase required*)
|Beauty and Personal Care||Get Deals|
|Men’s Fashion||Get Deals|
|Women’s Fashion||Get Deals|
|Health and Household||Get Deals|
|Home and Kitchen||Get Deals|
|Toys and Games||Get Deals|
|Sports and Outdoors||Get Deals|
Thanksgiving will be on 22nd November 2018 this year and many stores have already declared that their stores will remain closed on Turkey Day. With Black Friday sales going online totally, most retailers find it unnecessary to open stores on Thanksgiving. Around 100 well known national and regional retailers have announced that their stores will be closed this Thanksgiving.
The holiday shopping season is fast approaching, and many stores are already announcing their holiday schedules. The reason for closing has also been the long working hours during Thanksgiving. Here’s a list of all the stores closed on Thanksgiving Day 2018 which will be updated regularly if there are any add-ons.
Officially Declared Stores Closed On Thanksgiving Day 2018
There are stores that have declared that their stores will be closed this Thanksgiving. Check the top stores that will remain closed on 22nd November 2018.
- COSTCO – Like every year, the Costco store has decided to close their store on Thanksgiving as a token of appreciation for the employees who work hard throughout the year.
- NORDSTROM – Nordstrom won’t be open for business on Thanksgiving, but some employees will still be coming in for workers who have volunteered for it. A small group of the team will also be working in their Call Centers on Thanksgiving to serve the many customers who shop online that day.
- TJX Group – The TJX Group stores like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post, and HomeSense stores will remain closed on Thanksgiving day as the company wants to give their associates the time to spend with their family.
- Burlington – Burlington Coat Factory wrote in a blog post. “It’s a time to reflect. To be thankful and appreciate what we have. To celebrate and share with family and friends near and far” which is the reason behind keeping Burlington closed on Thanksgiving day 2018.
To know more about Thanksgiving day sales 2018, subscribe to our website!
The closing of stores on Thanksgiving: Good or Bad?
Many stores have opted to stay closed on Thanksgiving day despite there are chances of sales going up on that day. Retailers like to blame the consumers stating that the National Retail Federation, almost six in 10 Americans plan to shop Thanksgiving weekend—but opening a day early also runs the risk of cannibalizing sales that could have been made on Friday. Also, running to a store late at night in shopping spree seems unnecessary.
The recurrent theme that has been noticed as the reason for closing down stores on Thanksgiving. Retailers feel that Turkey day (Thanksgiving) is one of the most family-oriented festivals and people do not want to work on that day. Retailers do not want their customers to think that they have to shop in-stores to get the best deals out there.
However, this is not to say that those who keep their stores open on Thanksgiving day are bad. there are stores that allow the employees to volunteer for work before assigning them to shift timings. And in many cases, it is the employee who shows a desire to work even on Thanksgiving.
Customers looking out for a particular retailer must not worry about stores being closed on Thanksgiving day as their deals will be available online. Shoppers can take advantage of the next few hours that will have all the in-store deals available with heavy discounts.
List of Local Malls Closed On Thanksgiving Day 2018
- Alamance Crossing in Burlington, NC (Although stores with outside mall entrances may still be open, especially the larger retailers).
- Cary Town Center Mall in Cary, NC (Although stores with outside mall entrances may still be open, especially the larger retailers)
- Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC (Although stores with outside mall entrances may still be open, especially the larger retailers)
- Triangle Town Center Mall in Raleigh, NC (Although stores with outside mall entrances may still be open, especially the larger retailers)
Stores opened on Thanksgiving 2018
While shoppers may be sad about the stores closed on Thanksgiving day 2018, there are other few that will remain open on Turkey Day. Many people are against the idea of stores remaining closed on Thanksgiving day. So the list below will probably make them happy as they can hop in and shop on Thanksgiving day. These will, however, be open in the afternoon or evening. Check the predictions we’ve made about the stores that will remain open even on Thanksgiving.
Gamestop Will Open This Thanksgiving
This year Gamestop has decided to open its store on Thanksgiving Day this year. While GameStop cited “family time” as the reason for remaining close in the previous years, many customers have asked them to remain open this year.
All stores are faced with a dilemma when it comes to their decision to open or close on Thanksgiving. Many surveys conducted over the past few years have shown that Americans do not view stores that choose to open on Thanksgiving in a favorable light. Last year’s survey showed that only around 18 percent of respondents were in favor of Turkey Day openings, and that figure has not changed much over the past few years.
Increase in Thanksgiving Online shopping
Around 50 big retailer companies that will be closing their stores on 22nd November 2018 which is the day of Thanksgiving, but there will also be stores that will come up with great deals online. So instead of feeling sad about big brands remaining closed on Thanksgiving, you can look up for doorbuster online.
According to Adobe, shoppers spent $2.87 billion online on Thanksgiving last year, which was 18.3 percent higher than the previous year. With similar prices being offered online also, there has been a rapid increase in the Thanksgiving Online shopping. This has also led to more stores remaining closed on Thanksgiving day and automatically increasing the Online shopping market.
It is with every year that shoppers are coming to realize that they do not need to go in stores on Thanksgiving day to get the best hands-on deal. They can simply sit at home and shop even on Turkey day to get the absolute lowest prices.
More Closed Stores on Thanksgiving Day 2018
- OFFICE DEPOT – The store of Office Depot will also remain closed this Thanksgiving giving the following reason: “As we evaluated our store hours for this holiday and weighed the business and personal considerations, we decided it was best to provide our associates with the day off to spend time with family and friends by closing our retail stores on Thanksgiving Day,”
- PETCO – With the announcement of PETCO remaining closed on Turkey day, it is likely that the employees will be spending time with their pets this year.
- THE CONTAINER STORE – The store will remain closed as the employers feel the need of the consumers to come back refreshed and spend time with their family.
- STAPLES – It wasn’t until 2015 that Staples decided to close its stores on Turkey Day. The former company president said that the company wanted its employees and associated to enjoy this time with their family.
- PUBLIX – You will have to buy products on Thanksgiving in stores other than Publix as it will remain closed on 22nd November 2018.
- REI – REI will remain closed on Black Friday as well as on Black Friday (23rd November 2018). REI will close all of its 151 stores — yet all 12,000 of the retailer’s employees, including hourly workers, will be paid to embrace the company’s mission of getting people outdoors.
- BJ’s WHOLESALE CLUB – This store will be closed on Thanksgiving. According to Chris Baldwin, the company’s president, and CEO, the company is committed to letting their team members enjoy the holiday so that they’ll be ready bright and early for their biggest Black Friday ever.
Sometimes there are retailers who are reluctant to tell whether they will be keeping the store open or closed on Thanksgiving Day. The topic of stores remaining open on Thanksgiving is a controversial one. In case you are planning to shop online, you will find that many brick and mortar stores that are closed on Thanksgiving Day will still have super online sales.
For the last few years, the number of stores remaining closed on Thanksgiving has only increased. While some people want the stores to remain open, others want the stores to remain closed so that they can spend time with their family. What do you think about it? Should stores remain open or closed on the day of Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments section below!
Get Best Black Friday Deals by subscribing to our website. Check the Super deals and list of Stores closed on Thanksgiving Day 2018 here!